- Three ripe Haas avocados
- Two plum tomatoes
- Two or Three jalapeno peppers
- One large tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- One teaspoon red onion
- One teaspoon olive oil
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- Half teaspoon sea salt
- One lime, juiced
Start by slicing your avocado vertically until your knife hits the seed inside. Then rotate the fruit until you have sliced it all around...
I started mixing the stems into my guacamole recipe. It adds way more flavor and crunch to the dish than just the leaves alone.
Slice and dice your jalapeno peppers. Use one, two or three depending on how much heat you crave. Remove the seeds also if you want less heat.
Choose firm plum tomatoes. They dice really well and have less pulp.
- To keep your guacamole from turning brown during your party or dinner, lightly squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Or leave the pit/seeds inside the guacamole.
Here is a very useful avocado video.