To get a decent looking outcome of these items below (notice how pretty the shapes are?) You have to do some EASY cutting or drilling. Depending on what you have on hand at the time. No need to go out and buy a drill if we are trying to cut costs here with this project to begin with...
Things you will need:
- Serrated Knife or Drill
- Plastic Bottles
- Acrylic Paint and Brush or Spray Paint
- Stove or Heat Source (Candle)
Below, this image shows you how you can use your serrated knife...
- This bottle neck is a dead give away that it's a lotion bottle.
- These are the different areas marked in red dashed lines where you can cut, it's up to you.
- I used Photoshop to digitally "cut" off a portion for you to see.
This is another example in Photoshop, but it is with the bottle cap on. Use your drill if you have one to make a hole big enough to fit the size of your flower stem or branch etc. Drill a few holes if you do not have a big enough drill bit. Paint the entire bottle AND cap.
**NOTE: Leave the cap ON. Unscrew it just enough so that your blade fits snug in between the bottle and its cap like shown below. The cap acts as a clamp and ensures an even, level cut.Turn your stove on and place the knife blade (mid-blade) in the fire for about 4-5 seconds. Cut through the bottle. (This does not ruin the knife) It should cut through smoothly with little effort. If not, place in the fire for a bit longer and cut again.
Enjoy! Please share and Pin me!